Friday, August 27, 2010

Barefoot

BarefootBarefoot by Elin Hilderbrand
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Good beach read!  I am getting quite annoyed at all of the adultry going on in books these days; or am I just a crazy christian who believes that marriage is a sacred commitment?


I did enjoy  the story line of this book, although I found it hard to believe that a happily married mother of two would leave her own home (and husband behind to work during the week) and go to her summer beach house to go through chemo; dragging her two very small children along with her and expecting her little sister (with her own problems and legal issues) and her best friend (who is pregnant and her estranged cheating husband doesn't know) … other than that, great fun and lots of heart.  Can you say DRAMA?  But, isn't that what a beach read is supposed to do?  Get you out of your own head and into another's for a couple of days?


The cancer issued pulled at my heartstrings as well, I wasn't expecting to cry.  The main character had lung cancer and descriptions and side-effects of the treatments were so similar to what my step-mother died from that it made my heart ache for her…..




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment