Saturday, March 10, 2012

Radical





This book will change the way you think about "Being Christian".  Much like The Hole in our Gospel, the author challenges the church to live outside their own communities and reaching out to the rest of the world.

Do you know that if you make $27,000 a year, you are more wealthy that 99% of the whole world??  This book really makes you realize that we as Americans are so sheltered, spoiled, and ignorant to the needs in the world today.  It really makes a point to remind us that our worship is a privilege, not a right; and that we worship in beautiful buildings while most of the Christians in the world have to sneak into homes in the middle of the night to worship and would be murdered if found with a bible.  Let us not take that right for granted.  

This book reminds me to fight for the oppressed, demand justice for the abused, and get out of my comfort zone and get my feet dirty.  I'm not sure what I can do to make a difference, but I must do SOMETHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment