Thursday, December 2, 2010

The BFG

The BFG (Puffin Fiction)The BFG by Roald Dahl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My oldest daughter has always raved about how much she loves this book and that I should read it, but for some reason I never did.  Why did I wait so long?

I first listened to this book on my ipod because I just LOVE to listen to books while I work around the house doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, etc. The book was narrated by Natasha Richardson whom I adore; may she rest in peace :(  I found myself laughing out loud over and over while scrubbing the toilet or making school lunches.  I even listened to a couple of chapters over and over they were so stinking silly!

I promptly read it out loud to my two little ones (ages 5 & 6) and they giggled and begged me to "read more, Mommy!" every night.  My hubby hadn't read it yet, so we listened to it in the car on our long "over the river and through the woods" Thanksgiving weekend drive.

The BFG is my new favorite children's book!  I don't want to give anything away, but it is a scrumdiddleyumptious tale; my favorite chapter is Frobscottle & Whizzpoppers!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment