Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Romance of Tristan and Iseult

The Romance of Tristan and IseultThe Romance of Tristan and Iseult by Joseph Bédier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved this book!  I bought a new app (1.99) called Free Audiobooks for my i-pod touch, yes, I am chuckling at the app called Free Audiobooks that cost me $1.99…. :)  Best two bucks ever!  All the books are public domain and read by volunteers at Librivox, a total of 2,947 classics!  This should keep me entertained and not have to run to the library and download all those cd's to the computer.  I liked the library e-version of books you could rent online and in three weeks when your loan was up they would disappear off your computer, but it messed up my iPod settings EVERY time, so yeah. I'm doing the happy dance over here!

Back to the book.

I've never heard of this book but had seen the movie advertisements a couple of years ago and yes, it is in my Netflix cue so if I ever get to watch movies on a regular basis again and nobody else is begging to see something "cooler" or "funny" or "studly" then I will watch my classic chic flick.

I was in the mood for a classic romance because I have been reading such heavy, heart wrenching stuff lately and this book fit the bill.  Yes, it is a tragedy, but a quick read (listen) and poetic, descriptive, and just plain entertaining.

Oh yeah, I LOVED the narrator's voice, accent, and cadence.  I hope other audiobooks on this app are read by her as well.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment